Easy Password Storage is my password management app which has been receiving great reviews like:
"This is the best password app at the app store. You have to have it!" -The Bold Man, Mac App Store
"It’s simple, easy to use, high level of encryption and is fast, so not waiting ages for logins or anything. Very handy, I’d be lost without it." -dbirch, Mac App Store
Version 4 recently unveiled cloud support and mobile companion apps for the following platforms:
iOS / Android / Kindle / Windows Phone / Mac OS X / Windows (links to app stores below)
This version comes with the ability to synchronize passwords between all of your devices in the cloud. I want to touch on some of the ways you can benefit from using the free cloud service on your devices.
- Backup: Even if you don't have multiple devices to synchronize you can still benefit form having an encrypted backup of your passwords in the cloud. If you drop your phone in the toilet and replace it with a new one, just install the app and your passwords will be restored.
- Similar Device Sync: One copy of the iOS app will work your iPhone, iPad and iPod as long as you're using the same apple account. Add a password on one and it shows up instantly on the others.
- Sync cross-platform: Add passwords on your iPhone, they show up on your Kindle Fire and your Windows Desktop versions of the app.
- Easily switch phones: If you decide to switch from your Android phone to an iPhone in the future, no problem, your passwords will come with you.
Security is our number on concern. Here is how the app handles your data before sending it to the cloud:
- Your passwords are encrypted by the app with your private Master Password with your choice of either Blowfish 448 bit or Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256 bit encryption.
- Next, the app encrypts that data with our developer key using 448 bit encryption. Now your data is doubly encrypted.
- That data is encoded for extra security and ease of transfer
- A connection to the cloud server is established over an HTTPS connection
- The data is encrypted in transit to our cloud server using SSL
- Your private Master Password is never sent to the cloud or stored anywhere. That means we can't access your passwords (and unfortunately means we can't recover them either, so remember your Master Password!)
- All that is done in reverse when the data is sent back to your devices. Only an app with the same username, master password and encryption type can decrypt your data, and the user must be signed into your cloud account as well.
Even with that level of security you may still decide you want to backup or sync your data offline, which is why we have included the ability to import/export passwords encrypted in file or text format. The app can run completely offline and still keep your passwords synchronized.
Here are all the devices and app stores where Easy Password Storage is currently available:
Android - Google Play
Android/Kindle - Amazon
Android/Kindle - Amazon
iPhone/iPad/iPod - iTunes
Mac OS X - Mac App Store
Windows/Mac OS X - Direct from RebrandSoftware.com
Android - AppsLib